EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR – Ingersoll Services for Seniors/50+Activity Center
Salary – $70,000 – $75,000 + Benefits
Located in Ingersoll Ontario, Ingersoll Services for Seniors /50 + Activity Centre is a nonprofit organization composed of 3 departments; 50+ Activity Centre, Community Support Services and Assisted Living.
Ingersoll Services for Seniors/50+ Activity Center is excited to be recruiting for a creative, courageous, community focused Executive Director who will take a strategic and proactive approach to leading the organization forward. As a highly collaborative, energizing, effective, and trusted relationship builder, this visionary leader will be responsible for ensuring the consistent achievement of the Ingersoll Services for Seniors /50 + Activity Centre missions and organizational objectives. The Executive Director will be an effective change agent, mentor, and advocate for seniors within the community.
In annually reviewing our vision and the strategic plan, the Executive Director will work with the Board of Directors, to help guide the organization and advance the members and clients experience. In addition, the Executive Director will be responsible to operationalize the vision and strategic plan, while leading a high performing and committed team to take the Ingersoll Service for Seniors/50+ Activity Center to the next level.
Reporting to the Board of Directors, the Executive Director will:
- Provide leadership in developing program, organizational and financial plans/budgets with the Board of Directors, and staff team.
- Liaise and collaboratively work with the senior leaders, staff, and seniors within the Ingersoll Community.
- Leverage and embrace the strength and diversity of the community it serves.
- Identify and evaluate the risks to the organization’s people (clients, staff, management, and volunteers), property, finances, goodwill, and image and implement measures to control risks.
- Provide oversight to ensure compliance with federal, provincial, and local regulators.
- Drive innovation through research, and pursuit of diverse funding sources.
- Utilize a well-defined sense of diplomacy, including solid negotiation, conflict resolution, and people management skills.
- Post-Secondary Education in the Human Services/Business Administration.
- Demonstrated background in Gerontology would be an asset.
- Minimum 5+ years business management and leadership experience preferred.
- Experience, knowledge, or exposure to a not-for-profit governance model is a strong preference.
- Strong track record of fiscal management and responsibility, creating and managing budgets, business finance, capital funding, contracts, and partnerships.
- Effective leadership skills, with a focus on mentoring and motivating an employee base of professionals and volunteers.
- Volunteer Management experience is required.
- Strong relationship building skills.
- A well-defined sense of diplomacy, including solid negotiation, conflict resolution, and people management skills.
- Sound understanding of risk management.
- High level of integrity, confidentiality, and accountability.
- Sound analytical thinking, planning, prioritization, and execution skills.
- Advanced understanding and skills in use of financial information systems and other computer applications, including MS Office Suite.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication (both written and verbal), and presentation skills.
Your effective communication skills will allow you to continue to develop relationships within the Ingersoll Services for Senior/50+ Activity Center and the surrounding community. As a mentor, you will ensure that the voices of the seniors are heard while endeavoring to bring out the best qualities of your team members allowing their continual development and strengths to shine.
Interested persons may submit their cover letter and resume by email to email@example.com
Attention: Board Chair – Carol Smith-Gee.
Please note that only electronic resumes will be accepted for this position.
Closing Date: February 24, 2023
We thank all applicants however only those chosen for an interview will be contacted